A deep organizing session of your closet can be a daunting task! To avoid overwhelm, schedule some regular maintenance on your closet at the change of the season. Here are few simple ways you can do a quickly refresh your closet and make some extra space.
1. Store for the Seasons | Storing your seasonal items is the easiest way to make some room in your closet. Simply create labeled bins or storage containers for each season and / or items that aren't used every day (ski gear, traveling, Holiday sweaters.) This will help free up some space in your closet and make it easier to switch out items for the season or avoid digging through countless hangers.
2. Pare Down | If you aren't ready to do a complete closet purge, now might be the time to take a quick look at those items that have been pushed to the back of your closet, don't fit anymore, or looking a bit worn down. It's ok to let these things go and donate them!
3. Create Categories that Fit Your Routine | While you are giving your closet a little touch-up, take a little time to revaluate your current layout. Is it working? Consider your routine, how you style your outfits, and build your closet structure based on those. For example, if your typical work outfit is a dress shirt, cardigan / jacket, and pants - place those categories together. This will help cut your time rummaging through you closet in the morning.
4. Shoe Storage | I will be the first to admit that shoes are my down fall when it comes to an organized closet! A few easy ways to help you manage your shoes is a shoe organizer or utilizing small bins. Similar to your clothes, you may find it helpful to store your boots during the summer and sandals in the winter to make some extra space in your closet.
5. Jewelry | Depending on your collection of accessories, this may be one of those organizing areas that may need a little extra time. For the sake of the blog title, let's talk about how you may be able to tackle this project quickly. To keep jewelry tangle free, I recommend hanging necklaces, keeping bracelets rolled, and earrings and rings in dishes.