Whether you are attending a small gathering of friends, visiting a family, or spending it with just your intermediate family - have you considering hostess gifts or gift baskets for those who need a bit of joy this year. To give you some extra inspiration this year, here are the top five Thanksgiving gifts.
1. Wine or Cider | A simple and classic gift is a bottle of wine to include with dinner or just a small way to help your friend to relax with after all the company has finally left. If you prefer to not to gift alcohol, a great fall alternative is a bottle of cider. During the holidays, we love the melody of spices and cider warming up in our crock pot.
2. The Perfect Cozy Up Kit | With cold weather and Christmas movies on repeat after Thanksgiving, there is nothing better than to have a kit ready of all the items to help you cozy up with your family. You can equip your basket with coffee, hot chocolate, marshmallows, a festive candle, blanket, a sweet treat (I love adding brownies or peppermint chocolates), a mug, fuzzy socks, your favorite Christmas book or coloring sheet for the kids...there are so many combinations to create a gift that allows your recipient to make memorable moments with their family.
3. Social-Distanced Thanksgiving | With the pandemic, some are choosing to keep their distance when it comes to attending Thanksgiving festivities. To remind them they are loved during a holiday of togetherness, consider dropping off a little gift to make their Thanksgiving special. This could be anything from a floral arrangement or your favorite pumpkin pie recipe complete with the ingredients. Go the extra mile with a simple note of why you are thankful for them, they may not be with you in person but they will feel a wave of love around them.
4. A Donation to Your Local Food Bank | Have a friend who has everything? Consider donating towards their local food bank this year in their name. Instead of just telling them casually at the dinner table, let them know with a canned item and special card. "Your friendship and continuous kindnesses impacts my life everyday. To continually share the joy you have given me, I have donated towards the local food bank in your name."
5. After-Dinner Game | Keep the fun and connection going after the dishes are done or while the kitchen crew is busy. Purchase a favorite board game, conversation cards, or activities for the kiddos. You hostess will appreciate the small distraction from the kitchen while they are juggling a cooking up a delicious multiple-course meal.
Don't underestimate the impact your gratitude has on your friends and family this year, even a thoughtful card to those you can't spend the holiday with or your neighbor can create a memorable moment of joy during a year that has been filled with challenges.