1. Clear space, clear mind | Clutter can pile up fast making picking up seem like an endless task and adding more stress to your life. If you have a home office or a haven where you retreat, clean it up first thing to allow you the space to relax and focus.
2. Find a place for everything | Create dedicated locations for EVERYTHING! The keys you frequently misplace, the AA batteries you always need, and those other everyday items that just disappear – they all need a home. Knowing and quickly accessing your necessities can save you time and energy in calling in the search crew and destroying your home.
3. Forget-me-not basket | Keep a basket by the front/garage door that is a friendly reminder of the items you need to return or take along with you for the day. Toss in any rentals, dry cleaning, work out items, and maybe even your kids (or not). 😆 This allows your mind to forget it and refocus until when you’re running out the door the next morning!
4. Schedule the time | I know what you are thinking... easier said than done. You are right - it is tough but create a routine, set a calendar event, make an alarm and don't budge when someone wants that time. An hour is only 5% of your day and you deserve at least that.
5. Delegate | Ask family, friends, or even hire professionals to help you complete tasks. You may find it difficult at first, but you not only have more time, you’ll have less stress from an endless to-do list.